The objective of the Diploma in Patisserie & Catering Management (DPCM) is to develop student knowledge in the field of patisserie skills and management with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the junior to mid-level patisserie operation management context.
On successful completion of the program, the students will acquire:
- Intermediate skills in patisserie operations and skills
- Basic understanding of F&B business environment and supervision skills
- Basic financial competency linked to F&B and catering industry
Mode of Delivery
Face to face
- Theory lessons
- Practical lessons
- Role Play
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 12 months comprising 6 months of Institutional Studies and 6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment).
- Monday to Friday (3 hours per session)
- 6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
* Industrial Attachment is subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake an Industrial Project under the supervision of trainer from the College and subject to the approval from Examination Board
6 months of Institutional Studies
- 2 sessions per week (3 hours per session)
i) Each module will be assessed via the coursework with the following formats:
- Assignments and/or Practical Examinations;
ii) The assignments and practical examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Introduction to Business in Food and Beverage and Catering Industry
- Hospitality and Business Communication
- Nutrition, Safety, Hygiene & Sanitation
- Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Pastry Skills & Studies
- Internship Preparatory Training (IPT)
- Work Experience
Course Entry Requirements
- Minimum Age: 16 years old for local or 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Completed secondary school, or any 5 Subjects pass with Grade 5 and above at GCE ‘N’ Level, or any 3 subjects pass with C6 and above at GCE ‘O’ Level, or equivalent Certificate
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with grade 5 and above at GCE N Level, or Pass in English with grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Work Experience (If Applicable): Matured candidate who is above 18 years old with at least lower secondary school education and at least 2 years of working experiences
- $6,603.00 (inclusive of other fee S$1,780.00)
(Total course fee inclusive of 9% GST)
Course fee excludes miscellaneous fee which are non-compulsory or non-standard fees payable only when necessary. A breakdown of course fee is given in the PEI-Student contract. In accordance with the PEI-Student contract, course fee is refundable but miscellaneous fee is not refundable.
Students are able to progress to any ICASTEC Advanced Diploma program
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
This pastry course meets the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).