The objective of the Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management is to develop student knowledge in the field of food and beverage services and catering management with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the junior to mid-level managerial roles in the Food and Beverage and Catering Management context.
At the end of this Food and Beverage course, the students will have acquired:
- Intermediate skills in Food and Beverage Services Operations and Culinary Skills
- Basic understanding of business environment and supervision skills
- Basic Financial competency in the Food and Beverage and catering industry
Mode of Delivery
Face to face
- Theory lessons
- Practical lessons
- Role Play
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the Food and Beverage course is 12 months. 6 months of Institutional Studies and 6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment).
- Monday to Friday (3 hours per session)
6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Industrial attachment is subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake a project assignment under the supervision of trainer from the College.
6 months of Institutional Studies
- 2 Sessions per week (3 hours per session)
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
i) Each Module will be assessed via the coursework the following formats:
- Assignments and/or Practical Examinations;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 6-month Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Food and Beverage Service and Operation
- Introduction to Business in Food and Beverage and Catering Industry
- Hospitality and Business Communication
- Nutrition, Safety, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Foundation Barista Skills (Elective)
- Work Experience
- Choose one of the following modules:
- Gastronomy / Pastry Studies
Course Entry Requirements
- Minimum Age: 16 years old for local, or 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Completed secondary school, or any 5 Subjects pass with Grade 5 and above at GCE ‘N’ Level, or any 3 subjects pass with C6 and above at GCE ‘O’ Level, or equivalent Certificate
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with grade 5 and above at GCE N Level, or Pass in English with grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Work Experience (If Applicable): Matured candidate who is above 18 years old with at least lower secondary school education and at least 2 years of working experiences
Course Fee (Inclusive of 9% GST)
Course Fee excludes miscellaneous fee which are non-compulsory or non-standard fees payable only when necessary. A breakdown of course fee is given in the PEI-Student contract. In accordance with the PEI-Student contract, Course Fee is refundable but Miscellaneous Fee is not refundable.
Students are able to progress to ICASTEC Advanced Diploma Program
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
This Food and Beverage course meets the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).
Hardeep Singh – Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management
Harjinder Singh – Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management
" First of all, thanks to all ICASTEC family. They given me golden chance for my bright future. Here I find all things very well to help me about my course. Trainer was very good. He always helps very well. Management also very nice they always guide me to get the OJT. I got my OJT; it was amazing and very nice experience to improve my skills. I am very happy to all about school and OJT experience. I recommended for this school. Thank you. "Ujjawal – Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management
" This is my best experiences to study in Singapore and I really enjoyed my study. During my whole study period, school teacher and staff are very helpful to us and very positive attitude towards me. ICASTEC give a chance to become a leader, where I learnt so many things on how to handle and deal with others. "Mandeep Kaur – Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management
Amandeep Kaur – Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management
Bhupinder Singh – Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management