The objective of the Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management is to develop student knowledge in the field of food and beverage services and catering management with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the junior to mid-level managerial roles in the Food and Beverage and Catering Management context.
At the end of the program, the students will have acquired:
- Intermediate skills in F&B Services Operations and Culinary Skills
- Basic understanding of business environment and supervision skills
- Basic Financial competency in the F&B and catering industry
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 12 months full-time comprising 6 months of theory and practical training in school and 6 months of Industrial Attachment.
- Theory Lessons
- Practical Lessons
- Work Experience
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake a project assignment under the supervision of trainer from the College.
i) Each Module will be assessed via the coursework the following formats:
- Class Participation;
- Written and/or Practical Examinations;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 6-month Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Food and Beverage Service and Operation
- Introduction to Business in Food and Beverage and Catering Industry
- Hospitality and Business Communication
- Nutrition, Safety, Hygiene and Sanitation
- Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Gastronomy / Pastry Studies
- Foundation Barista Skills (Elective)
- Work Experience
- Minimum Age: 16 years old for local, or 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Completed secondary school, or any 5 Subjects pass with Grade 5 and above at GCE ‘N’ Level, or any 3 subjects pass with C6 and above at GCE ‘O’ Level, or equivalent Certificate
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with grade 5 and above at GCE N Level, or Pass in English with grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Work Experience (If Applicable): Matured candidate who is above 18 years old with at least lower secondary school education and at least 2 years of working experiences
- Foreign: $9,496.25
- Local : $8,658.44
- Application Fee: $321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST
Students are able to progress to ICASTEC Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management (ADRCM)