The objective of the Diploma in Culinary & Catering Management (DCCM) is to develop student knowledge in the field of culinary skills and management with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the junior to mid-level culinary operation management context.
On successful completion of the programme, the students will acquire:
- Intermediate skills in Culinary operations and skills
- Basic understanding of F&B business environment and supervision skills
- Basic financial competency linked to F&B and catering industry
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
Full Time Program: 6 months of Institutional Studies
- Theory & Practical Lessons
- Workshops & Field Trips
- Class Assignement & Written Examination
- Monday to Friday (3 hours per day)
Part Time Program: 6 months of Institutional Studies
- Theory & Practical lessons
- Workshops & Field Trips
- Assignment-Based Assessment
- 2 Sessions per week (3 hours per session)
i) Each Module will be assessed via the coursework the following formats:
- Class Participation;
- Written and/or Practical Examinations ;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Introduction to Business in Food and Beverage and Catering Industry
- Hospitality and Business Communication
- Nutrition Safety Hygiene & Sanitation
- Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Gastronomy Skills & Studies
- Internship Preparatory Training (IPT)
- Minimum Age: 16 years old (for local, or 18 years old for foreigner)
- Academic Level: Completed secondary school, or any 5 Subjects pass with Grade 5 and above at GCE ‘N’ Level, or any 3 subjects pass with C6 and above at GCE ‘O’ Level, or equivalent Certificate
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with grade 5 and above at GCE N Level, or Pass in English with grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 4.5 or equivalent
- Work Experience (If Applicable): Matured candidate who is above 18 years old with at least lower secondary school education and at least 2 years of working experiences in the related field.
Course Fee (Inclusive of GST)*
Course Fee excludes miscellaneous fee which are non-compulsory or non-standard fees payable only when necessary. A breakdown of course fee is given in the PEI-Student contract. In accordance with the PEI-Student contract, Course Fee is refundable but Miscellaneous Fee is not refundable.
Students are able to progress to ICASTEC Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
We meet the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).