The objective of the Certificate in Patisserie is to develop student knowledge in the field of patisserie with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the operational level in the pastry kitchen environment.At the end of the programme, the students will have acquired:
At the end of the program, the students will have acquired:
- Fundamental skills in pastry and baking operations
- Understanding of pastry kitchen environment and operations.
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 6 months full-time comprising 3 months of theory and practical training in school and 3 months of Industrial Attachment.
- Theory Lessons
- Practical Lessons
- Work Experience
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
3 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake a project assignment under the supervision of trainer from the College.
i) Each Module will be assessed via coursework in the following formats:
- Class Participation;
- Written and/or Practical Examinations;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 3-months Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Personal Development and Hospitality English
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Kitchen Safety
- Introduction to Food and Beverage and Kitchen Operation
- Customer Care and Experience
- Understanding Mise en Place
- Prepare and Bake Cake and Sponge
- Prepare Hot and Cold Sauce
- Prepare and Bake Classic French Pastry and Dessert
- Prepare and Bake Basic Bread
- Prepare and Bake Asian Pastry and Dessert
- Work Experience
- Minimum Age: At least 16 years old for local, 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Secondary School education, High School or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: IELTS 3.5 or equivalent
- Foreign: $7,364.81
- Local : $6,527.00
- Application Fee: $ 321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST
Students are able to progress to ICASTEC Diploma Programs
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
We meet the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).