The objective of the Certificate in Food & Beverage and Catering Operation is to develop student knowledge in the field of food and beverage services and catering with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the operational level in the Food and Beverage Service and Catering Operations.
At the end of the program, the students will have acquired:
- Fundamental skills in F&B Services and Catering operations
- Understanding of F&B Service environment and operations.
Mode of Delivery
Face to face
- Theory lessons
- Practical lessons
- Role play
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 6 months full-time comprising 3 months of theory and practical training in school and 3 months of Industrial Attachment.
- 3 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Industrial attachment is subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake an Industrial Project under the supervision of trainer from the College and subject to the approval from Examination Board.
i) Each module will be assessed via coursework in the following formats:
- Assignments and/or Practical Examinations;
ii) The assignments and practical examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 3-months Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook.
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Personal Development and Hospitality English
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Kitchen Safety
- Introduction to Food and Beverage and Kitchen Operation
- Customer Care and Experience
- Billing and Checking Procedure
- Understanding Basic Cooking Methods
- Providing Different Types of Services
- Preparation, Serving of Alcoholic Beverages
- Preparation, Serving of Non- Alcoholic Beverages
- Work Experience
- Minimum Age: At least 16 years old for local, 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Secondary School education, High School or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: IELTS 3.5 or equivalent
- S$3,700.00 (inclusive of other fee S$1,780.00)
(Total course fee inclusive of 9% GST)
Course fee excludes miscellaneous fee which are non-compulsory or non-standard fees payable only when necessary. A breakdown of course fee is given in the PEI-Student contract. In accordance with the PEI-Student contract, course fee is refundable but miscellaneous fee is not refundable.
Students are able to progress to any ICASTEC Diploma program
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
We meet the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).