The objective of the Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management is to develop student knowledge in the field of restaurant and catering management with strong emphasis on advanced practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the mid-level to senior management of operation in the Restaurant and Catering Management context.
At the end of the program, the students will have acquired:
- Advanced skills in F&B Services / Restaurant Management and Cuisines
- Understanding of business environment and managerial roles
- Financial competency linked to F&B and catering industry
Mode of Delivery
Face to face
- Theory lessons
- Practical lessons
- Role Play
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 12 months comprising 6 months of Institutional Studies and 6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment).
- Monday to Friday (3 hours per session)
- 6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Industrial Attachment is subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake an Industrial Project under the supervision of trainer from the College and subject to the approval from Examination Board.
6 months of Institutional Studies
- 2 sessions per week (3 hours per session)
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
i)Each module will be assessed via the coursework with the following formats:
- Assignments and/or Practical Examinations;
ii) The assignments and practical examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 6-month Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Restaurant Strategy Planning and Design
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Food Safety Management
- Advanced Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Cuisine Studies with Central Kitchen Production System
- Intermediate Wine and Spirit Provision (Elective)
- Work Experience
- Minimum Age: 16 years old for local or 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Diploma in F&B, or Hospitality or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with Grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 5.5, or equivalent
- Work Experience (If applicable): Mature candidate who is above 18 years old with at least secondary school education and at least 5 years of relevant working experiences (with 1 year of experience in supervisory role)
- $6553.00 (inclusive of other fee S$1,780.00)
(Total course fee inclusive of 9% GST)
Course fee excludes miscellaneous fee which are non-compulsory or non-standard fees payable only when necessary. A breakdown of course fee is given in the PEI-Student contract. In accordance with the PEI-Student contract, course fee is refundable but miscellaneous fee is not refundable.
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
We meet the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).