The objective of the Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management is to develop student knowledge in the field of restaurant and catering management with strong emphasis on advanced practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the mid-level to senior management of operation in the Restaurant and Catering Management context.
At the end of the program, the students will have acquired:
- Advanced skills in F&B Services / Restaurant Management and Cuisines
- Understanding of business environment and managerial roles
- Financial competency linked to F&B and catering industry
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 12 months full-time comprising 6 months of theory and practical training in school and 6 months of Industrial Attachment.
- Theory Lessons
- Practical Lessons
- Work Experience
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
6 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake a project assignment under the supervision of trainer from the College.
i) Each Module will be assessed via the coursework the following formats:
- Written and/or Practical Examinations;
- Class Participation;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 6-month Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook, and a 1,500-word research report.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Restaurant Strategy Planning and Design
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Food Safety Management
- Advanced Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Cuisine Studies with Central Kitchen Production System
- Intermediate Wine and Spirit Provision (Elective)
- Work Experience
- Minimum Age: 16 years old for (local, or 18 years old for foreigner)
- Academic Level: Diploma in F&B, or Hospitality or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with Grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 5.5, or equivalent
- Work Experience (If applicable): Mature candidate who is above 18 years old with at least secondary school education and at least 5 years of relevant working experiences (with 1 year of experience in supervisory role)
- Foreign: $9,389.25
- Local : $8,551.44
- Application Fee: $321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST