The objective of the Certificate in Food & Beverage and Catering Operation is to develop student knowledge in the field of food and beverage services and catering with strong emphasis on practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the operational level in the Food and Beverage Service and Catering Operations.
At the end of the programme, the students will have acquired:
- Fundamental skills in F&B Services and Catering operations
- Understanding of F&B Service environment and operations.
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 6 months full-time comprising 3 months of theory and practical training in school and 3 months of Industrial Attachment.
- Theory Lessons
- Practical Lessons
- Work Experience
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
3 months of Work Experience (Industrial Attachment) is mandatory
*Subject to academic performance, interview by employer and approval from Ministry of Manpower. Should student fail to get an Industrial Attachment placement, student will have to undertake a project assignment under the supervision of trainer from the College.
i) Each Module will be assessed via coursework in the following formats:
- Class Participation;
- Written and/or Practical Examinations ;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
iii) 3-months Work Experience is assessed through an “Industrial Attachment” Logbook.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Personal Development and Hospitality English
- Food Safety and Hygiene
- Kitchen Safety
- Introduction to Food and Beverage and Kitchen Operation
- Customer Care and Experience
- Billing and Checking Procedure
- Understanding Basic Cooking Methods
- Providing Different Types of Services
- Preparation, Serving of Alcoholic Beverages
- Preparation, Serving of Non- Alcoholic Beverages
- Work Experience
- Minimum Age: At least 16 years old for local, 18 years old for foreigner
- Academic Level: Secondary School education, High School or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: IELTS 3.5 or equivalent
- Foreign: $7,049.16
- Local : $6,363.29
- Application Fee: $321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST
Students are able to progress to ICASTEC Diploma in Food & Beverage and Catering Management (DFCM)