SkillsFuture Study Award – Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management
Are you looking for increment in your salary package and working in F&B?
ICASTEC is offering the Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management for our partners. This awards by Enterprise Singapore for aspiring candidates a once-off disbursement of $5,000 if successful. Candidates who are seeking to upgrade skills in the front-of-House and back-of-House with 3 years of work experience in the Food Services industry can apply. For aspiring candidates that apply for our January 2021 intake will be eligible for a scholarship of up to $3000.
This scholarship is offered to our partners who are interested to send their motivated staff a chance to grow, stay and be recognised by the company. Please refer to the following link in our website for more information or contact our staff, Ms Angela Liaiw at 65428851/65354187 or any enquiries
The objective of the Advanced Diploma in Restaurant and Catering Management is to develop student knowledge in the field of restaurant and catering management with strong emphasis on advanced practical skills and requisite knowledge and understanding in the mid-level to senior management of operation in the Restaurant and Catering Management context.
At the end of the program, the students will have acquired:
- Advanced skills in F&B Services / Restaurant Management and Cuisines
- Understanding of business environment and managerial roles
- Financial competency linked to F&B and catering industry
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
Part-Time Program: 6 months of Institutional Studies
- Theory & Practical lessons
- Workshops & Field Trips
- Assignment-Based Assessment
- 2 Sessions per week (3 hours per session)
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
i) Each Module will be assessed via the coursework the following formats:
- Written and/or Practical Examinations;
- Class Participation;
ii) The examinations will be set and marked by ICASTEC.
Course Syllabus / Content:
- Restaurant Strategy Planning and Design
- Marketing Policy, Planning and Communication
- Organizational Behaviour
- Food Safety Management
- Advanced Operation Finance in Food and Beverage Management
- Cuisine Studies with Central Kitchen Production System
- Intermediate Wine and Spirit Provision (Elective)
- Minimum Age: 16 years old for (local, or 18 years old for foreigner)
- Academic Level: Diploma in F&B, or Hospitality or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with Grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 5.5, or equivalent
- Work Experience (If applicable): Mature candidate who is above 18 years old with at least secondary school education and at least 5 years of relevant working experiences (with 1 year of experience in supervisory role)
- Application Fee: $321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST
WorldChefs Recognition of Quality Culinary Education
We meet the global standards for quality culinary education as established by the WorldChefs Education Commitee (WACS).