The Preparatory Course for Pearson LCCI Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (CEFR B2) is a good intermediate level qualification and will provide candidates with the ideal route towards higher qualifications such as JETSET Level 6.
On successful completion of the Preparatory Course for Pearson LCCI Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (CEFR B2) course, the students shall foster a positive attitude to the learning of English with following abilities:
• Has a sufficient range of language to be able to give clear descriptions and express viewpoints on most general topics, without too much obvious searching for words, using some complex sentences to do so.
• Shows a relatively high degree of grammatical control. Can use circumlocution and can self correct, and rarely makes mistakes that lead to misunderstanding.
• Can produce stretches of fluent language, although can still be hesitant when searching for unfamiliar patterns or expressions.
• Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical language in their field of specialisation.
• Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes interaction with native speakers quite easy.
• Can produce clear detailed text on a wide range of subjects, and explain a viewpoint giving advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
(Total 3 Months)
3 months of day class Institutional Studies delivered via;
- Theory and Practical Lessons
- Monday to Friday (3 hours per day)
- Each level consists of 3 mandatory components (Listening comprehension test, Reading test and Writing tests) and one optional component (Speaking test)
Course Syllabus / Content:
• Listening (JETSET Level 5)
• Reading (JETSET Level 5)
• Writing (JETSET Level 5)
• Speaking (JETSET Level 5)
- Minimum Age: 16
- Academic Level: Obtained an overall pass in GCE „O‟ or „N‟ level or obtained min 10 years of formal education in home country
- Language Proficiency: Able to understand and converse in basic English
- Completion of PREPARATORY COURSE FOR PEARSON LCCI ENTRY 3 CERTIFICATE IN ESOL INTERNATIONAL (CEFR B1) or IELTS 4.0 or Equivalent
- Application Fee: $321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST
Students are able to progress to
PREPARATORY COURSE FOR PEARSON LCCI LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN ESOL INTERNATIONAL (CEFR C1)