Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Hospitality Management have been developed to focus on:
- providing education and training for a range of management careers in hospitality, licensed retail, food and beverage or leisure and tourism sectors; for example, food and beverage manager, front of house manager or events manager
- providing opportunities for hospitality managers to follow specialised areas of study directly relevant to individual vocations and professions within the hospitality industry, including study within the licensed trade, leisure and/or tourism sectors, or specialist culinary arts, leading to a nationally-recognised Level 5 vocationally-specific qualification
- providing opportunities for full-time learners to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally- specific qualification to enter employment in hospitality management or progress to higher education, vocational qualifications such as a full-time degree in hospitality management or related areas such as business management or leisure and tourism management
- developing the knowledge, understanding and skills of learners in the field of hospitality management across a range of sectors, including those suggested above
- providing opportunities for learners to focus on the development of higher-level skills in a hospitality management context, including investigatory and research skills focusing on management issues within the context of hospitality, leisure or tourism
providing opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life within the hospitality industry.
Expected Outcome: Students will develop the knowledge, understanding and strong, sector-related emphasis on practical skills alongside the development of requisite knowledge and understanding skills in the field of hospitality management within the context of hospitality, leisure or tourism. It also provides a thorough grounding in the key concepts and practical skills required in their sector and opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life within the hospitality industry.
Course Duration & Method of Assessment
The total duration of the program is 20 months full-time.
- Theory Lessons
- Theory Lesson: 1:40
- Practical Lesson: 1:20
The assessments are criterion-referenced and are required to assess learners’ evidence against published learning outcomes and assessment criteria. (100% assignments / projects for all 14 modules )
All units will be individually graded as ‘pass’, ‘merit’ or ‘distinction’. To achieve a pass grade for
the unit learners must meet the assessment criteria set out in the specifications.
Course Syllabus / Content:
List of Subjects:
- Minimum Age: 16 years old
- Academic Level: Completed GCE ‘A’ Level with any 3 subjects pass including English or equivalent
- Language Proficiency: A pass in English with Grade C6 and above at GCE O Level, or IELTS 5.5, or equivalent
- Work Experience (If Applicable): For matured candidate, minimum age of 30 years old and possess 10 years of working experience
Tuition Fees: $18,000
- Application Fee: $321 (Non-Refundable)
All fees are inclusive of GST
The BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Hospitality Management is awarded by Edexcel BTEC.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Hospitality Management is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits of which 110 are mandatory core.